Ship Repair & Conversion Services
6Sigma EPCM (Pty) Ltd, Cape Town is a privately owned Ship Repair and Ship Conversion Company, providing services in and around the ports of Cape Town, Saldanha Bay and WalvisBay (Nambia). The head office is located at the entrance of Sturrock Drydock, Cape Town which is Southern Africa’s biggest drydock.
6Sigma accommodates incoming ships with Drydocking, Syncrolift and/or Keyside Ship Repairs for planned, or non-planned (emergencies) and long term maintenance.
See our Key Services below (and Marine Products)
Established in 2012, and has it’s HQ next to the Sturrock Drydock in Cape Town, as well as 10000+ m2 (flexible) workshops. We are certified for ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015 and ISO45001:2018 to provide Turnkey EPC for Ship Repair, Ship Conversion, Ship Refit and Steel Fabrication and Manufacturing. We manage a strong approval process with preferred suppliers who conform to our processes and procedure and are subjected to continuous audits by our quality team.
Our team members make up the ONLY Ship Repair Company in South Africa (and neighboring countries) with internationally qualified Professional Naval Architects, Cost Engineers, Project Managers and other professionals with the founding members as directors.
We take pride in the continuous development of our team and we ensure that our team stays abreast with the latest technological advancements and industry trends to provide first world services. We manage our contracts according to internationally recognized contracts with our project management team, providing extensive analyses on cost control, resource allocation, and project progress, deviations and risk management.
- EPC Ship Repair
- EPC Ship Conversion
- Project Management
- Owners Representation
- EPC Ship Refit
- EPC Ship Building
- Engineering Design, 3D Scanning and reverse engineering
- Steel & Pipe Work (carbon, stainless, special metals) with class approval
- Ship Blast and Paint
- Ship Mechanical Works
- Ship and or General Machining Services
- Ship Electrical Services
- Subsea Ship Repairs (stern/bow thruster maintenance/replacement)
- General Steel Fabrication & Manufacturing for medium and heavy steel
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering Design
- Ship Building and Repair Surveying
- Conceptual and Functional Design
- Details Engineering Design
- Finite Element Analysis for structural verification
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis studies
- Class Approved Design and Databooks
- 3D Scanning and Systems refit
Procurement and Warehousing:
- Equipment importing, export, intermodal, clearing, forwarding, storage
- Offshore Riding Squads for in-situ Ship Repairs