6Sigma Naval Architects and Offshore Engineering (Pty) Ltd
6Sigma Naval Architects & Offshore Engineering (Pty) Ltd, based in the Port of Cape Town, South Africa provides key Engineering Services for ShipBuilding and Repair Yards. We are in-house engineering office for DCD Marine Cape Town and provide complete Ship Design and Modification/Retrofit Services to Companies and Government. See our Design Portfolio. We provide General and Specialist Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering services and we are partners with leading Software providers in the industry supporting Shipyards in Africa to implement the best software solutions. We also provide specific Training for Engineers to expand their knowledge and grow companies.
Please see below and menu for more info…
Naval Architecture Services
(Using mobile? Please refresh the page after loading.)
6Sigma Naval Architects services include design of steel and aluminium boats, ships & offshore structures.
Complete Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering services include:
|Concept and Preliminary Design:
New Vessel for Weight, Propulsion and Cost Estimations
Artist Rendering and Real Life Animations for Concepts
Arrangements, Structure and Prelim Stability Assessment and other for Class Approval.
New Structures eg. Ship Hull Structure and Super Structures for manufacturing
New Systems eg. Bilge, Fifi, Ballast, Fuel, Cooling etc. to HVAC, Electrical, Navigation for manufacturing
Deck Equipment eg. cranes, davits, LARS systems, docking blocks, rotating equipment, heave compensators for manufacturing
Hull Equipment eg. Rudders, Nozzels, Anode Diagrams etc. for manufacturing
||Modifications and Ship Conversions with new Structures and Systems modifications|
||AS-BUILT drawings for up to date structure, systems, P&ID etc. documentation for Class Control|
from Keel Laying to Delivery and Commissioning. Please see the some ships in our Design Portfolio.
Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering Services:
- FEA Calculations
- Class Structure Software
- Stability Analysis
- Sea Keeping analysis
- Propulsion estimations
- Bollard Pull estimations
- Engine Propeller Matching
- Noise and Vibration analysis
Other engineering services are discussed in the Offshore Engineering Division
- Cost estimations – We provide assistance with Cost Estimations for new ship builds please see our Costfact page
- Weight Control – We provide weight estimations and preliminary stability assessments for crucial early design decisions
- We use state-of-the-art software recognized in the Marine and Offshore Industry for all our engineering calculations.
- We use state-of-the-art SSI ShipConstructor software to maintain a manageable database (SQL database of ShipConstructor) for error free design and lifecycle design support. It is known that new regulations can influence certain vessel type such as new regulations by IMO Water Ballast Treatment regulations. Maintaining the autodesk based shipmodel integration of equipment from any supplier is effortless and of great addition benefit to the ship owner.